FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

24 Feb 2016

Profession: Full-Time Juggler

-insert eye roll here - Sometimes I feel completely over whelmed with either the lack of time I have to accomplish things, or the fact that I manage my time so badly I never get things done. I think it's probably the latter, but don't tell my boyfriend that. So, I thought I would do a post on my tips for effective time management.

I mean, we have all been there, haven't we? Laundry to do, a house to clean and also the very important maintenance of our hair, makeup and nails. Like, where do we start? The list can be sometimes endless, so here are a few things I like to remember when I am snowed under:

01. A To-Do List. Lets face it, this is just an excuse to splurge on new stationery. I love a good list and usually I keep this on my iPhone actually. I tend to do all the smaller, less time consuming jobs first and that usually spurs me on to do the bigger, less fun jobs, like ironing.

02. A Time Frame. Give yourself a realistic time for finishing the task you are doing, and if you haven't finished in that time leave it at a place you feel comfortable with. If it is a priority job maybe be flexible and revaluate everything else you have to do.

03. Be A Realist. And by this I mean, set yourself realistic goals. I thoroughly accept there are just some things I know I won't get done that day.

04. Do Things In Advance. If there is an opportunity to do things in advance, do it! I always make work lunches the night before just because I know I will want that extra 10 minutes in bed in the morning.

05. Break It Down. And I don't mean do your best MC Hammer impression. Sometimes jobs that can be broken down make it on the whole more manageable!

And most importantly..

Don't Worry. If you haven't finished everything, no biggie, just look over everything you DID accomplish and maybe plan it for another day/time. Then put your feet up with a cup of tea and plate of Hobnobs.

Hope this has helped. Has anyone else got any tips to keep organised?
Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig