I was really excited to try this mascara. The unusual premise and design of the brush meant that it would also act as an eyeliner and fill in the gaps between your lashes.

The effects promised were:
1. Tightline at the root.
2. Volumise at the core.
3. Fan out at the tip.

I firstly curled my lashes with my Tweezerman Eyelash Curler. I do this before any application of mascara. It just adds even more volume and separates the lashes before hand, and therefore limiting the risk of the dreaded 'clump'.

It definitely delivered by filling in the gaps. I loved this aspect of it because it saved me a step in my makeup routine of applying a liner, which can sometimes make all the difference in the morning.

Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed with the final results. It definitely filled in the gaps but there where so many clumps towards the ends and mid lengths, even my separator comb failed to make them look half decent. Whether they have made the actual formula a bit more dense because of the liner aspect, I don't know. I thought if I kept brushing they would thin out for a more natural look, but it seemed to make it 10 x worse! And because of those clumps it made my eye lashes look a bit on the stumpy side.

I guess it all depends on the look you are going for. I like my lashes to look quite natural with only a touch of enhancement. My favourite mascara at the minute is Benefit's Roller Lash. It's perfect in making your lashes look longer and more full but without compromising on the overall natural look and feel of them.

However, if you like a thick application and a relatively dramatic look, then this mascara is for you!

Has anyone else tried this? What did you think?

Love, Jo.



I was really excited to try this mascara. The unusual premise and design of the brush meant that it would also act as an eyeliner and fill in the gaps between your lashes.

The effects promised were:
1. Tightline at the root.
2. Volumise at the core.
3. Fan out at the tip.

I firstly curled my lashes with my Tweezerman Eyelash Curler. I do this before any application of mascara. It just adds even more volume and separates the lashes before hand, and therefore limiting the risk of the dreaded 'clump'.

It definitely delivered by filling in the gaps. I loved this aspect of it because it saved me a step in my makeup routine of applying a liner, which can sometimes make all the difference in the morning.

Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed with the final results. It definitely filled in the gaps but there where so many clumps towards the ends and mid lengths, even my separator comb failed to make them look half decent. Whether they have made the actual formula a bit more dense because of the liner aspect, I don't know. I thought if I kept brushing they would thin out for a more natural look, but it seemed to make it 10 x worse! And because of those clumps it made my eye lashes look a bit on the stumpy side.

I guess it all depends on the look you are going for. I like my lashes to look quite natural with only a touch of enhancement. My favourite mascara at the minute is Benefit's Roller Lash. It's perfect in making your lashes look longer and more full but without compromising on the overall natural look and feel of them.

However, if you like a thick application and a relatively dramatic look, then this mascara is for you!

Has anyone else tried this? What did you think?

Love, Jo.



Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page