My 2016 Reading Challenge On My Amazon Kindle
This year I really want to get out of my comfort zone when it comes to the books I read. In 2015 I managed to read 26 books, but this year I want to make it 30.

I have wanted to read a classic crime book for a while now. So, on the top of my list is the first books from Agatha Christie and M. C Beaton. I may even dip into some contemporary crime with something by Sophie Hannah or Tess Gerritsen. What do you all think?

I also think I need to get over my biography snobbery too. I have tried to read them in the past but have never gotten past the first few chapters. I honestly don't know what it is, I guess it's just the lack of imagination that is required for this type of genre. Although, I did manage to finish How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran a couple of years ago whilst on holiday. If you haven't read it - you must. I was LOL'ing all around Italy. My picks for this year are Yes Please by Amy Poehler and Spectacles by Sue Perkins.

I would also like to read at least two regular classics. I have always wanted to read Middlemarch by George Eliot and Persuasion by Jane Austen.

I am three books into the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas and I am definitely looking into reading the final instalment this year. I love reading series of books.

On a completely separate note, but still book related; I am considering purchasing my first adult colouring book. One of my New Year resolutions is to try and take things in my stride and relax, so I thought this would be perfect. The only problem is; which one?! There are so many to choose from.

My other non-fictional book purchases for this year will hopefully (pennies permitted) be;

Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland
Bobbi Brown Beauty by Bobbi Brown
How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest
The Glam Guide by Fleur de Force
Pretty Honest: The Straight- Talking Beauty Companion by Sali Hughes


What is on everyone else's reading list for 2016?

Love, Jo.



My 2016 Reading Challenge On My Amazon Kindle
This year I really want to get out of my comfort zone when it comes to the books I read. In 2015 I managed to read 26 books, but this year I want to make it 30.

I have wanted to read a classic crime book for a while now. So, on the top of my list is the first books from Agatha Christie and M. C Beaton. I may even dip into some contemporary crime with something by Sophie Hannah or Tess Gerritsen. What do you all think?

I also think I need to get over my biography snobbery too. I have tried to read them in the past but have never gotten past the first few chapters. I honestly don't know what it is, I guess it's just the lack of imagination that is required for this type of genre. Although, I did manage to finish How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran a couple of years ago whilst on holiday. If you haven't read it - you must. I was LOL'ing all around Italy. My picks for this year are Yes Please by Amy Poehler and Spectacles by Sue Perkins.

I would also like to read at least two regular classics. I have always wanted to read Middlemarch by George Eliot and Persuasion by Jane Austen.

I am three books into the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas and I am definitely looking into reading the final instalment this year. I love reading series of books.

On a completely separate note, but still book related; I am considering purchasing my first adult colouring book. One of my New Year resolutions is to try and take things in my stride and relax, so I thought this would be perfect. The only problem is; which one?! There are so many to choose from.

My other non-fictional book purchases for this year will hopefully (pennies permitted) be;

Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland
Bobbi Brown Beauty by Bobbi Brown
How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest
The Glam Guide by Fleur de Force
Pretty Honest: The Straight- Talking Beauty Companion by Sali Hughes


What is on everyone else's reading list for 2016?

Love, Jo.



Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page