FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

2 Jan 2016

Flourish & Blotting for 2016

So, I thought I would do a post on my blogging resolutions and what better time than after a little revamp. Up until now I haven't really been organised when it comes to my blog, I think it is safe to say I have been winging it up until now. To be honest, since starting Flourish & Blotting in October I didn't really know what to expect. Whether I would enjoy it, how much work was involved, and most important of all, would anyone even read it?!

Well, I can honestly say, I love having a creative outlet for my ramblings, and the blogging community in general is an amazing sea of inspiration and lovely people. I don't have many friends (Is it bad that I consider my cat my biggest ally?) mainly because I have moved about so much before settling in Liverpool, so it has been nice just to be a small part of something. It is also nice to see my page view counter increase ever so slightly every day, although I do realise this is probably just my dad or boyfriend!

Anyway, on to my blogging resolutions;
  1. I am planning on scheduling my posts from now on. I am thinking Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday? I bought myself a gorgeous Kate Spade agenda for 2016 which will hopefully help me put this plan into action!
  2. I would love to hone in on my photography skills. I have the Canon app on my phone which sends me tips on how I can optimise my photos. This year I am definitely going to use it. I can only wish to be as good as some of the other beauty bloggers one day.
  3. I also want to improve my writing style. Sometimes my sentences are so nonsensical! I can't believe I did English to a degree level!
  4. My Social Media niche, or should I say, lack of it. I absolutely adore Instagram, and I have only just started using Twitter, but I don't think I have quite found my style yet. And what's this I head about a Periscope? I'm really showing my age now!
  5. Most importantly, I want to keep enjoying it.
Anyway, thank you for visiting Flourish & Blotting in 2015 (if you aren't my Dad or Boyfriend) it means more to me than you probably know.
Love, Jo.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Good luck with your goals! I can't believe you only started blogging in October, your blog looks lovely!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I designed websites in my teens, so I have some very rusty knowledge of html and Paint Shop Pro. I was just reading your blog post on Bloglovin' - I am definitely going to try out some of your, advice especially when it comes to social media.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig