Is it just me or does the weekend go by in like, a flash? I just don't know where the time goes, and I never feel like I have achieved enough. What is most annoying is; I never feel like I have slept enough. When the alarm rudely wakes me up on a Monday morning my internal monologue is going 'What?! You only went to sleep 3 hours ago!' But in reality it was more like 8 hours ago!

No matter how much sleep I get, I always have the look of fatigue constantly etched under my eyes.. and everywhere else for that matter. So, here are my tried and tested tips for banishing those panda eyes and feeling a bit less zombiefied for your work colleagues on that dreaded Monday morning.

1. Have a cuppa - And by all means drink it (for a healthier option; leave out the milk and opt for a slice of lemon instead), but instead of throwing the teabags away, strain as normal and pop them in the fridge. After 20 minutes, or when they are cold, stick them over closed lids, and believe me, it is so soothing. This is because the caffeine can help shrink blood vessels around your eye, thus reducing puffiness and dark circles.

2. Hydration - Maybe it is a good time to mention, that tea and coffee are classed as diuretics, which means they can cause a person to 'lose water'. Caffeine is only a short term solution to tiredness, so don't forget the importance of drinking good old water.

3. With a little help from your friends - And by this I mean Puff Off by Benefit Cosmetics. I recently got my paws on a sample of this, and I love it. It goes on perfectly under makeup and I really think it helps.

Another anti-fatigue staple of mine is MAC's Prep & Prime. This primer has an illuminating quality and on application you will notice a slight sparkle to its consistency. (Don't worry though, you won't be mistaken as a wannabe extra for Twilight) The 'sparkle' is subdued as soon as you put on your foundation but still leaves a subtle glow.

And not forgetting the all important concealer. I absolutely love Benefit's Fake Up. The area around my eyes can often get quite dry and my makeup can go a bit cakey, so I just love that this is infused with a balm that contains Vitamin E and apple seed extract.

Also, a lot can be said for a white eye pencil. I use Revlon's Photoready Kajal Intense Eye Brightener. By just covering up those red rims, you are not only making your peepers look bigger, but I can guarantee you will look 10 times more awake.

4. Eat - What girl needs an excuse for this?! Having three smallish meals and two snacks throughout the day can keep your blood sugar and energy levels stable all day long, therefore reducing tiredness. And no, snacks unfortunately to not include that bar of Dairy Milk you have stashed in your desk drawer. I usually have a banana handy, and as sceptical as I am of them, you can also take a multivitamin to boost iron, and vitamin B and C levels.

5. The Micro Snooze - I love a good nap. There are so many theories floating around as to the perfect length of a power nap. Sometimes half an hour will do me, so if you can, get your head down. If this is not possible, take yourself out for some fresh air. A brisk stroll might be all you need to clear those cobwebs.

How do you survive Monday's?

Love, Jo.



Is it just me or does the weekend go by in like, a flash? I just don't know where the time goes, and I never feel like I have achieved enough. What is most annoying is; I never feel like I have slept enough. When the alarm rudely wakes me up on a Monday morning my internal monologue is going 'What?! You only went to sleep 3 hours ago!' But in reality it was more like 8 hours ago!

No matter how much sleep I get, I always have the look of fatigue constantly etched under my eyes.. and everywhere else for that matter. So, here are my tried and tested tips for banishing those panda eyes and feeling a bit less zombiefied for your work colleagues on that dreaded Monday morning.

1. Have a cuppa - And by all means drink it (for a healthier option; leave out the milk and opt for a slice of lemon instead), but instead of throwing the teabags away, strain as normal and pop them in the fridge. After 20 minutes, or when they are cold, stick them over closed lids, and believe me, it is so soothing. This is because the caffeine can help shrink blood vessels around your eye, thus reducing puffiness and dark circles.

2. Hydration - Maybe it is a good time to mention, that tea and coffee are classed as diuretics, which means they can cause a person to 'lose water'. Caffeine is only a short term solution to tiredness, so don't forget the importance of drinking good old water.

3. With a little help from your friends - And by this I mean Puff Off by Benefit Cosmetics. I recently got my paws on a sample of this, and I love it. It goes on perfectly under makeup and I really think it helps.

Another anti-fatigue staple of mine is MAC's Prep & Prime. This primer has an illuminating quality and on application you will notice a slight sparkle to its consistency. (Don't worry though, you won't be mistaken as a wannabe extra for Twilight) The 'sparkle' is subdued as soon as you put on your foundation but still leaves a subtle glow.

And not forgetting the all important concealer. I absolutely love Benefit's Fake Up. The area around my eyes can often get quite dry and my makeup can go a bit cakey, so I just love that this is infused with a balm that contains Vitamin E and apple seed extract.

Also, a lot can be said for a white eye pencil. I use Revlon's Photoready Kajal Intense Eye Brightener. By just covering up those red rims, you are not only making your peepers look bigger, but I can guarantee you will look 10 times more awake.

4. Eat - What girl needs an excuse for this?! Having three smallish meals and two snacks throughout the day can keep your blood sugar and energy levels stable all day long, therefore reducing tiredness. And no, snacks unfortunately to not include that bar of Dairy Milk you have stashed in your desk drawer. I usually have a banana handy, and as sceptical as I am of them, you can also take a multivitamin to boost iron, and vitamin B and C levels.

5. The Micro Snooze - I love a good nap. There are so many theories floating around as to the perfect length of a power nap. Sometimes half an hour will do me, so if you can, get your head down. If this is not possible, take yourself out for some fresh air. A brisk stroll might be all you need to clear those cobwebs.

How do you survive Monday's?

Love, Jo.



Post a Comment

Contact

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

© FLOURISH & BLOTTINGThe Basic Page