FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

30 Dec 2015

Marking The End of Twenty Fifteen; A Review Of The Year

2015
So, I am writing this post after a massive 'Spring' clean of the house, ready for what the New Year will bring, and of course reflecting on the one just passed. I can confidently say I have quite enjoyed 2015. Of course no year is without its ups and downs, but it really hasn't been all that bad.

 And although I didn't look at it positively at the time, after an abnormal smear result from an exam I wasn't even going to book until next year (you can read about my experience here) I have had treatment and I am hopefully on the mend now.

My top five highlights include:

Visiting Florida, where I got to see my childhood sweethearts again, Chip and Dale. New York which has been a dream of mine since I was 21, and Italy, where we spent the end of the holiday in amazing Rome. Each holiday was amazing and very different in their own ways. My 2016 travel plans will be published soon, so keep an eye out!

Turning 30 (with much trepidation may I add) but it wasn't as horrific as I thought it would be. I have recently updated my Bucket List to include a couple of things I want to achieve in this next year. I am guilty of sometimes worrying I am not on track for things, since most of the people I went to school with are living the complete 2.4 lifestyle, but one of my New Years Resolutions is to relax a little and just take things in my stride.

Walking up my biggest mountain after recently starting to fell walk. Currently the highest I have climbed is Bowfell, which is the sixth highest mountain in the lakes at 902 metres. I think 2016 calls for something a bit higher though.

Completing my Goodreads Book Challenge unfortunately only by the skin of my teethand I have set myself an even bigger one for 2016. I absolutely adore reading, I find it so therapeutic. I just need to be more proactive as I am so guilty of massive reading slumps where I don't pick up a book in a month!

And I started Flourish & Blotting. It is not quite where I want it to be right now, but I am more than happy with my little space on the web. I will also continue to work my hardest and try and develop a couple of areas which are in dire need of improvement. I am just really happy that I took the leap and started to write, believe me, it had been a long time in the making. I just hope you are all enjoying it, and a massive thank you to everyone who has just taken the time to visit.

What have been your favourite moments from 2015?

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig