1 Nov 2015

My New York Haul

Tiffany & Co
Undoubtedly New York is the best place to shop, hands down. There is everything you could ever wish for, or as much as your luggage allowance permits! I thought it only right that I dedicated a whole post to my spoils.
My favourite shop was definitely Tiffany & Co. What an amazing experience that was,  I never knew it would be so vast. I also enjoyed Bloomingdales, Macy's, and The Strand Bookstore.
I wish I had bought more makeup while I was there, but I kinda had to shop when I could. There was just so much to see, and to fit into just 5 days. Anyway, I got Mac's Prep & Prime for Lips, MAC's Velvet Teddy and Riot. I have been meaning to get some matte lipsticks for ages, and these colours are perfect for Autumn/Winter. The primer moistens your lips like a balm does, but does not interfere with the matte effect. I also picked up an anti - aging mask from Sephora which I have yet to try. I was actually lucky enough to get Chanel Eau Vive before I left, but I thought it definitely needed featuring being Chanel's newest perfume and absolutely lovely.

I bought #Girlboss from Barnes and Noble on the first night. A book I have been wanting to read for ages, and what an amazing bookstore. The one we went in was on Third Street, had a bar in the basement and a live jazz band. Bananagrams I picked up from The Strand Bookstore, you could literally get lost in the stacks for days. Anyway, I love word games and I was primarily thinking of Christmas time, maybe after a tipple, or two, of port.

As previously mentioned here, I got myself a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 for an absolute bargain at B & H Electronics. Even if you are not planning to buy anything from there, you need to visit. It has everything! I can't wait to decorate the house in polaroid's.

As we all known, Christmas is right around the corner. I was actually surprised at the lack of Christmas decorations available in New York. That being said, I think I got the best one. I purchased it in the Empire State Building gift shop, and I can't wait to hang it on the tree this year. I also bought myself a new cosmetic bag from Bloomingdales. I couldn't walk away without getting something 'little' and 'brown'!

I didn't get much time to shop for clothes, there was too much choice, and I was mainly there to sightsee. Besides the obligatory 'I Love NY' hooded jumper, I only managed to visit Victoria's Secret and Pink!  But I did manage to pick up this beautiful Autumn/Winter hat from J. Crew. It is so soft and floppy, and the grey goes with everything! It definitely adds a touch of sophistication to any outfit.

And finally, probably my favourite 'Souvenir'. This bracelet, bought for me by my lovely boyfriend, matches my necklace that I got for my 30th birthday. I haven't taken it off since, and I have decided, if and when, I get engaged I want the full Tiffany experience, meaning bubbles and ring browsing on the 2nd floor.

Love, Jo.



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig