31 Oct 2015

Autumn Loves

I thought I would dedicate this post to Autumn, and what I have loved most about this season, and what better time to do it than Halloween. I love nothing more than curling up on the sofa under my twinkling pumpkin fairy lights, hot chocolate in hand, and log burner crackling away.

1. Halloween

I love Halloween. It just gives me the excuse to decorate the house with pumpkins, bake sugar cookies in the shape of bats, and paint my nails black without looking too gothic. This year my plan is to plough through my body weight in chocolate whilst watching Beetlejuice. I'm not really one for dressing up and going to parties. On the lead up to the day in question I have been scaring myself silly watching American Horror Story: Freak Show. It's putting me in the mood perfectly.

2. Dark Nights

I'm not so much a fan of the dark mornings, but I love how cosy the evenings are becoming. It makes snuggling up in bed at 9pm more acceptable. It is now all about lighting the candles, turning on all the lamps, and getting comfy on the sofa with a million and one throws.

3. Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

I love that everything now has an autumnal spicy twist. Ice cream, lattes, and chocolate, to name but a few. It just makes everything that little bit more interesting. Being October is the only justification you need to drop £4 on a hot drink and not break a sweat. I'm thinking I will have to source some pumpkin puree and give making a pie a go.

4. The Colours

Whilst in New York, we were unfortunate to miss the changing colours of the leaves in Central Park. I think this is because it was still rather warm when we were there. But luckily, where I live in Liverpool there are a few big parks, and it's incredibly pretty. It's not just the foliage that is incredible this time of year, have you checked out those sunsets?
Plus, I don't know about you, but I have been waiting 6 months to start wearing my brown boots and berry lipsticks again.

6. Updated Beauty Routines

I don't really need an excuse for a retail splurge, I kind of do it anyway. But at least when questioned (interrogated) by my boyfriend on my recent purchases, I have a solid excuse for my bulk buying of Lush's Rose Jam.

5. There's Only 60 Days Till Christmas

I know I have just been writing about Halloween, but these two holidays seem to come hand in hand nowadays. For example, in the supermarket there are advent calendars right next to the Haribo Spooky Mix! Christmas is my ultimate favourite holiday. Forget about birthday's, Christmas is where it is at in my head. It's that time of year where you have to be super organised, but believe me, there will be a 101 blog posts about that coming soon.

What is everyone else 'boo-ing' tonight? (Silence) I realise how terrible that was, I just couldn't resist!

Love, Jo.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig